Dr. Jordi Guitart
• Specialist in Anaesthesia and Resuscitation, 1991
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Autonomous University of Barcelona, 1982
• Acupuncture Training Diploma. Official Medical College of Barcelona 2008.
• Master in Pain. Pontifical University of Salamanca 2,005
• Director of X-ray Facilities for General Diagnoses 2010
• Plató Hospital, Head of Anaesthesia, Resuscitation and Pain, since February 1999.
• Clínica Olivé Gumà, Head of Pain Unit, since 2011.
• Mutual Universal, Pain Management Medical consultant since 1999
• Mutual Asepeyo, Pain Management Medical Consultant since 2009
• AEBDC (Spanish Association of Competition and Dance Sport), Medical Director 2002-2006.
• Corachán Clinic, Pain Management Unit, 1994-1997.
• Corachán, Assistant Clinical Anaesthesiology Service, from 1991-1997 Clinic.
• SCIENTIFIC AND TEACHING ACTIVITY
European Pain Meeting Editorial Committee Chair.
Member of the Scientific Committee of the International Family Doctors Association.
• Founding member of the College Section of Acupuncture Physicians of the Official • Medical College of Barcelona.
• Member of the SED (Spanish Pain Society).
• Member of the SEDAR (Spanish Society of Anaesthesia, Resuscitation and Pain).
• Member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands.
• Member of the Catalan Society of Anaesthesiology, Resuscitation and Pain Therapy.
• Member of the Catalan Society of Palliative Care.
• Member of the Catalan Society of Sports Medicine.
• Member of the Catalan Pain Society
• Member of Sine Dolore Spain.
• Member of the ESRA (European Society of Regional Anaesthesiology and Pain Therapy)
• President of IFDA (International Family Doctors Association) in Spain
• Founding Member of EMNIPRE (European Multidisciplinary Network in Pain Research and Education)
Publications and conferences
• Author of over 70 publications (40 in national journals and 30 in international journals).
• Author of 65 papers presented at conferences and symposia (50 national and 15 international).
• Author of more than 70 communications at meetings and conferences (40 international and 30 national)
• Attendance at more than 200 courses and seminars (180 national and 50 international).
Areas of Expertise
• Expert in epidural blocks with more than 1,200 performed annually.
• Expert in radiofrequency rhizotomies, 300 sessions per year.
• Other minimally invasive analgesic techniques: 300 per year.