Dr. Agustí Pedro
• Specialisation in Oncology and Radiotherapy at the Hospital Clinic of Barcelona.
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Barcelona, 1982.
• Radioactive Facilities Supervisor specializing in Biomedicine and Research.
• Plató Hospital, Head of Oncology and Radiotherapy.
● Professor of Electroradiology PhD Course, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona (from 1984-1987).
● Investigator in Research Project No. 91/00200201 - FIS- Grant, directed by Dr. A. Sanchez-Reyes: A study of peripheral doses to the pituitary, lens, thyroid, uterus and gonads in treatment with external radiotherapy.
● Professor of Basic Medical Oncolocy Course. Medical Sindicate of Catalonia, Barcelona. (1992-1994).
● Member of the Scientific Committee of the Symposium on new technologies, present and future of radiotherapeutic oncology. Barcelona (1999) Scientific Committee.
● Member of the Work Group of the Spanish Association of Radiotherapy and Oncology, AERO, to bring out a consensus document for preparation of a Quality Assurance Programme in Radiation Therapy published in C & S Papers Series, International Atomic Energy Agency 2001.
● Visiting Professor at the I Catalan Congress of Breast Disease. Radiotherapy as adjuvant treatment in breast cancer. Barcelona (2002).
● Participated in the development of a Prostate Cancer Guide in the Program of Clinical Practice Guidelines for Cancer in Catalonia. Barcelona (2004).
● Participated in the development of a Breast Cancer Guide in the Program of Clinical Practice Guidelines for Cancer in Catalonia. Barcelona (2004).
● Professor of the XIX edition of the seminars General Aspects and Basic Research in Breast Cancer. Update in Irradiation of Breast Cancer. Barcelona (2005).
● Investigator in the DART01/05 Project - FIS Grant, directed by Dr. A. Zapatero. Phase III Multicentre Randomised Trial of Adjuvant Androgen Deprivation in Combination With Three-dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy Doses in High and Intermediate Risk Localised Prostate Cancer.
● Lecturer responsible for credits Oncology Training Course, Advanced Level: Specialist in Radiotherapy. SAM Claret Study Centre since 2008.
● Member of the Tumour Committee of Hospital Sagrado Corazón, since 1996.
● Member of the Tumour Committee at Hospital of Hospital de San Rafael, since 1997.
● Chairman of Plató Hospital Tumour Committee, since 2010.
● Member of Clinical Oncology and Haematology Group of the Integral Health Area Barcelona Esquerra - AISBE, since 2011.
● Catalan - Balearic Society of Oncology. Member of the Board 2001 and 2002.
● Catalan - Balearic Society of Palliative Care.
● Spanish Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (SEOR).
● European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ESTRO).
● Catalan - Occitan Oncology Group (GOCO). Secretary of the Board since November 2012.
● Catalan Association for Cancer Research and its Health and Social Implications (ACROSS).
● Spanish Group of Conservative Treatment of Head and Neck Cancer (GETCOCACU).
● Spanish Breast Radiation Oncology Group (GEORM).
Publications and conferences
• Author of over 20 articles published in national and international scientific journals.
• Author of 4 chapters of books
• Author of more than 150 papers in national and international conferences.
• Attendance at over 60 national and international conferences and symposia.
● Speaker at the Seminar on Joint Care in Oncology and Haematology AISBE, Late complications in radiotherapy treatments. Barcelona, May 2012.
● Speaker at the X Catalan, Valencian, Balearic Seminar on Radiation Oncology. Management of Erectile Dysfunction in the Context of Radiation Oncology. Girona, April 2012.
● Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Twentieth Congress of the GOCO (Catalan Occitan Oncology Group). Barcelona, November 2012.
● Speaker at the Second Conference on Joint Care in Oncology and Haematology AISBE. Committee for Prostate Cancer Tumours. Barcelona, March 2013.
● Speaker at the XII Congress of Catalan Breast Pathology - XX Intensive Breast Pathology Course. Radiation therapy: indications and new techniques. Vic, June 2013.
● Investigator of multicentre project: Prospective cohort study of intraoperative radiotherapy (RIO) as sole treatment or as boost treatment followed by external radiotherapy or standard radiotherapy versus partial breast Irradiation with 3D-conformal radiation therapy in early stages of breast cancer.
Areas of Expertise
• Specialist in Radiation Oncology.
• More than 1,200 radiation treatments a year in the last ten years.