Dr. Adrià Serra
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Medicine of the Autonomous University of Barcelona, February 1992.
• Specialist in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery at the Hospital Clínic i Provincial de Barcelona 31-12-1997
• Accreditation to manage radiology facilities 2007
• Assistant Physician of the Trauma and Orthopaedics Service of Plató Hospital since 1998.
• Head of Department since 2014.
• Co-investigator in the RECORD 1 Phase III study, sponsored by QF Bayer, SA, 2007.
• Co-investigator in the study RECORD3 Phase III study, sponsored by QF Bayer, SA, 2007.
• Sub-investigator in the CV185-047 clinical trial, sponsored by Bristol Myers Squibb International Corporation, 2009.
• Sub-investigator in the CV185-035 clinical trial sponsored by Bristol Myers.
• Co-investigator in the EFC10343 study sponsored by SANOFI AVENTIS, 2009.
• Research collaborator in the Xamo, Xarelto study for the prevention of post-surgical venous thromboembolism after major elective surgery of the hip or knee. Bayer HealthCare Nov 2009 to July 2011.
• Tutor for medical students at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), and the International University of Catalonia (UIC).
Associations: Member of the Spanish Society of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery Member of the European Hip Society (pending) .
Publications and conferences
• 8 published articles, 3 international articles, amongst them:
Unusual location of osteoarticular tuberculosis (Arch Orthop Traum Surg (1997) 116 pp 324-328.
• 33 communications in national and international conferences, such as '' structural bone graft bank in prosthetic hip replacement presented in the Catalan Society of Orthopaedic Surgery Session. May 2009, or two-compartment knee arthroplasty, preliminary results, presented at the 46th National SECOT Congress, September 2009. Barcelona.
• Attendance at conferences and 63 specialty courses, Effort Berlin 2012, SECOT Barcelona 2013, Effort 2014
Areas of Expertise
• Specialist in trauma and orthopaedic surgery since 1997. Treatment by means of orthopaedic surgery, with a particular level of knowledge and creditable results in prosthetic hip and knee surgery, and arthroscopic knee surgery, including meniscus and ligament pathologies, and arthroscopic shoulder surgery.