|Treatments applied are pharmacological, rehabilitation and minimally invasive surgery.
The most frequent conditions treated at Plató Hospital Back and Pain Pathology Unit are:
- Herniated Discs
- Lumbar and cervical canal stenosis
- Peripheral and Central Neuropathic Pain
- Muscle disorders (degenerative, persistent contractures)
- Complex Regional syndrome, Sudeck's disease, Algodystrophy
Service Portfolio of this Unit is:
- Sacral or caudal block
- Facet infiltration or Zygapophyseal
- Infiltration of lumbar of gluteal muscles with local anaesthetic or botulinum toxin
- Sacroiliac infiltration
- Epidural Injection
- Rhizotomy radiofrequency
Plató Hospital Back and Pain Pathology Unit consists of 6 doctors specializing in treating pain who visit patients daily and continuously, 1 physiotherapist and 1 auxiliary, who all contribute to providing the best care for patients. The team continually attends national and international training meetings, and uses recently introduced innovative treatments. Plató Hospital offers training for teams from all Catalonia.
Plató Hospital is a facility that shares a common purpose: to provide quality care to all patients. This feature makes it possible for a specialty like pain pathology, in which the doctor-patient relationship is so important, to obtain better results, as patients receive quality care.